PO Box 10, Oxford, OX1 1EN
Tel 01865 249811
Jump to zone menu
Oxford City Council's Communities and Neighbourhoods team have helped to establish 75 community notice boards throughout the city which are managed by Tenant and Resident Associations, community groups and other local organisations.
The aim of community notice boards is to inform local people about what is going on in their area; providing information from Oxford City Council, the Police and other partner organisations as well as information on activities run by local communities and organisations.
Notices are displayed at the discretion of the organisation managing the board based on a set of priorities for display:
As space is limited the display of posters and other information is based on the following five priorities (1 being the highest and 5 the lowest priority):
1. LOCAL community organised events, courses and general information.
2. Oxford City Council and neighbourhood policing information and activities (for example Local Councillors contact details, City Council events, police neighbourhood teams etc.)
3. Details of community organisations, activities and meetings.
4. Statutory information (for example electoral register notices, notice of elections).
5. Local commercially organised events where there is deemed to be an over riding benefit to the local community and where the aims coincide with those of Oxford City Council.
We welcome posters with:
WE ARE UNABLE TO DISPLAY COMMERCIAL MARKETING AND PARTY POLITICAL CAMPAIGNING MATERIALS.
The list of community notice boards is broken down into the six areas of Oxford. This means you can tailor your notices to the most relevant area.
To send notices for display, please follow these steps:
While every attempt will be made to accommodate requests to display information, we reserve the right not to display a leaflet or poster which falls outside of the stated guidelines.
Community Notice boards List (344kB PDF)
Page last reviewed 14 May 2012