The dedicated Emergency Repair telephone number is 0800 22 76 76. This is the number you also ring if you have an Out of Hours Emergency Repair to your Council property during the week, over weekends and bank holidays.
When is the Emergency / Out of Hours Emergency Repair service open?
Our Emergency Service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
We have a dedicated Emergency out of Hours Team who will carry out the full emergency repair wherever possible or an immediate temporary repair to make the situation safe with a view to carrying out the full repair as soon as possible.
What if my repair is not an emergency?
Please report your repair during normal office hours: Monday - Thursday 7.45am to 6pm and Friday 7.45am to 5.45pm on 0800 22 76 76.
What happens when you ring our emergency repair service out of office hours?
The Duty Officer will be able to advise you if your request is an emergency when you contact us.
Repair requests that are not considered an emergency will have to be reported again the next working day during normal working hours. Action will be taken on the next working day.
Out of Hours Emergency Repair Service Examples
Water and sewerage
- Blocked drains
- Blocked soil stacks
- Blocked toilets (if only one toilet in the property)
- Header tank leaks
- Hot water cylinder leaks
- Leaks to incoming cold water pipe
- Leaking radiators
- Broken stop tap, if unable to turn off when a leak occurs
- Toilet cistern leaks
- Toilet pan leaks
- Washing machine leaks from the supply pipe to the taps (excluding the taps)
- No water supply
- Burst pipes
- No hot water (but not from April 30 until 31 October unless there is a medical issue)
- Shower repair for a disabled adaptation
Outside and around the property
- Unsafe boundary walls
- Unsafe chimneys
- Other unsafe structures
- Boarding up a property
- Broken manhole covers on housing land
Doors and locks
- External door handles - when you cannot open the door
- External door locks - when a force entry is needed
- External door repairs, if the door is Insecure
- Broken locks to insecure ground floor windows
- Security lock(s) in a domestic abuse case
- Meter cupboard temporary repair (shared areas only)
- No electricity supply to the whole property
- Problems with electric supply to lights, dependent on room and if only one light fitting
- Problems with electric supply to sockets, dependant on room and circumstance
Gas and fire safety
- Faulty smoke alarms
- Gas central heating (but not from April 30 until 31 October unless there is a medical issue)
- Gas fire
- Carbon Monoxide detector alarms
These items were consulted with and agreed by your Tenants' Topic Panel representatives.
Page last reviewed 29 Jun 2010